Tag Archive for labs

Diablo 3 Keep Alive and Error 3007 Fix

A lot of people are getting disconnected from Diablo 3 with Error 3007.  One of the fixes listed on the forums seems to be sending a message to Global Chat every few seconds / minutes.  So, since a buddy of mine was experiencing exactly this issue, I wrote a script which will do this automatically for him.  The first time he used it he ran for 1.5 hours with no disconnects.  He turned off the script and was dropped at the 3 minute mark.  Logged back in and was dropped after 5 minutes.  Ran the script again and had no more drops.  So, anecdotally, it works.  However your mileage may vary.

Click here for the BitBucket repo and instructions.

Click here to download d3chat.exe.

Leave a comment here if you have any questions / comments / concerns.  Or feel free to buy me a beer if this script finally lets you play D3 :)

Switching to Google CDN

Google-LogoI finally decided to make the switch to Google CDN (Content Delivery Network) for all my labs work. I’d been putting this off for awhile, mostly because I do a lot of local development with a less-than-stable internet connection. But at this point it just makes sense, especially for my lab projects. This way I don’t have to worry about local version management, and it should speed up load times due to browser caching.

Thai Subtitle Converter

Grinning Gecko LogoIf you’re reading this you probably download Thai subtitles for movies and TV shows from ThaiSubtitle.com. As I discovered a little over a year ago, the character encoding they use is incompatible with VLC and MPlayer OSX Extended on Mac OSX. At the time of the discovery I figured out a way to transcode the subtitle files, but it involved the command-line and a bunch of typing. This annoyed me, so I created an online version that does exactly the same thing, but without having to navigate around in Terminal.

If you make use of this tool, feel free to leave a comment. It’s totally free, and there’s no limitation to how often you use it. Enjoy.

Thai Subtitle Converter | Grinning Gecko Labs

Google Translate API v2 Breakage

I guess there’s a reason not to use Google products when they’re listed as “labs”. I was just doing some work on reTranslate, and it just kept breaking. Turns out that Google changed the object that gets returned to the callback function. It used to be:

response.data.translations[0].translatedText

But now it’s:

response.data.translations[0].translated_text

Interestingly, it looks like they haven’t updated their documentation… so probably now that I’ve made this fix they’re going to revert it tomorrow. What a PITA.