If you’re reading this you probably download Thai subtitles for movies and TV shows from ThaiSubtitle.com. As I discovered a little over a year ago, the character encoding they use is incompatible with VLC and MPlayer OSX Extended on Mac OSX. At the time of the discovery I figured out a way to transcode the subtitle files, but it involved the command-line and a bunch of typing. This annoyed me, so I created an online version that does exactly the same thing, but without having to navigate around in Terminal.
If you make use of this tool, feel free to leave a comment. It’s totally free, and there’s no limitation to how often you use it. Enjoy.